× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access NAS Admin page and 2 IPs in RAIDar

adb1
Aspirant

Unable to access NAS Admin page and 2 IPs in RAIDar

I have finally recovered my data from the broken Ultra 2 Plus and am have just factory reset the new 314 with the original disks in.

I changed the NAS to Flexraid and it resynced and now I'm copying all data back.

However, I can only access the NAS from my desktop. I get a connection refused from my laptop.

I read about a frontview problem, but I am running 6.2.3-T1817, so I understand that should not have the problem, but this is intermittent, for example I just tried on this laptop and it failed, now I started typing this message and tried again and now it works...

Also, RAIDar shows me two IPs. Only one cable is connected and both MAC addresses are the same. Both IPs can be pinged. Some dark magic in place eh?
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to access NAS Admin page and 2 IPs in RAIDar

Did you try rebooting your router?
Message 2 of 7
adb1
Aspirant

StephenB wrote:
Did you try rebooting your router?

No, I am currently in the process of copying data back to the NAS. I now got access back again, but odd thing is that that I have two command windows copying data from a local drive to a NAS drive letter, assigned when the IP address was .163, but if I try to ssh to .163 I get connection refused, so if I try to ssh to .164, the second IP shown in RAIDar, I get connected...

ifconfig -a shows .163 for the eth1, but netstat shows I'm connected on .164

Frontview shows the card set to .164

Confused...?
Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)
Message 4 of 7
adb1
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)

Done
Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Not sure why you are seeing two I.P.s

Have you tried an OS Re-install?

As for the admin page not working intermittently. It is not clear from the logs as to why this is happening.
Message 6 of 7
adb1
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Not sure why you are seeing two I.P.s

Have you tried an OS Re-install?

As for the admin page not working intermittently. It is not clear from the logs as to why this is happening.

I've just left it as it is in case you wanted to do anything, but I'll reboot and see what happens now. If it happens again, I'll raise this again.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements