× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access mapped drive

aweingar
Aspirant

Unable to access mapped drive

Hi,

I have recently lost access (on my Windows 10 machine) to a drive mapped to an old ReadyNAS NV+, after working flawlessly for many years. Even trying to access the NAS on File Explorer using the network address (\\192.168....\) no longer works.

I know that the NAS itself is fine, because I can connect to the Frontview page as the admin user - and everything appears fine.

The drive is also still accessible as a mapped drive when using an old Windows 7 laptop I have, so it is clearly a Windows 10 issue.

I can only assume a recent Windows update has corrupted some of my network settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Unable to access mapped drive

The NV+ only suports SMB1, and your recent Windows update probably disabled that.  HTTP(S) access, of course, doesn't rely on that, so still works.  You can turn SMB1 back on in the "Turn Windows features on and off" control panel.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

The NV+ only suports SMB1, and your recent Windows update probably disabled that.  HTTP(S) access, of course, doesn't rely on that, so still works.  You can turn SMB1 back on in the "Turn Windows features on and off" control panel.

Message 2 of 3
aweingar
Aspirant

Many thanks @Sandshark , enabling the SMB1 client fixed the issue. I can now access the ReadyNAS from File Explorer using its IP address. Although I'm still unable to access it using the old hostname. I'm guessing it's cached somewhere, because if I change the hostname it works fine. Slightly annoying having to change all my references to a new name...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements