× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access my NAS via HTTPS

norgepiraten
Aspirant

Unable to access my NAS via HTTPS

Dear everyone,

Currently I can't access the user interface of my NAS at all. Occasionally it works through HTTP but never via HTTPS. I'm getting the error message "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH" in Firefox and "

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.49. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem." in Chrome.

Is there any way to bypass this issue, "enable" HTTPS in the NAS or solve the problem with another method?

My sincere thank you for your consideration, support and expertise!

Best regards,

Norgepiraten

Model: ReadyNASRND4275|ReadyNAS NV+ 1.5TB (2 X 750GB)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to access my NAS via HTTPS

What firmware is running on the NAS?

Do you have internet security software (including Bitdefender) installed on the PC?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What firmware is running on the NAS?

Do you have internet security software (including Bitdefender) installed on the PC?

Message 2 of 4
norgepiraten
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your quick response, Stephen!
You were right! It turned out to be my AV (Bitdefender) blocking the access. I'll get in touch with them. 

Thank you so much for your kind support!

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad I could help. Smiley Happy

@norgepiraten wrote:

It turned out to be my AV (Bitdefender) blocking the access. I'll get in touch with them. 

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-is-blocking-a-safe-website-or-online-application-179... gives info on how to white-list the NAS web interface.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements