× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to a Mapped Drive

zhenya
Aspirant

Unable to connect to a Mapped Drive

All of sudden I am unable to connect to any of my shares from any of my windows machines. MappedDrive, \\READYNAS, \\<IP ADDRESS>, \\READYNAS\<SHARE>, none of them are working. I get an error message "Element not found".  I am able to connect using MAC or ReadyCLOUD or from the ReadyNAS web interface. I deleted existing mapped drives and that hasn't done anything. 

Any suggestions on how to resovle it. I am unable to run any of my applications that have data files stored on the NAS

Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to connect to a Mapped Drive

Hello zhenya,

What's the FW version and model number of your NAS?

If you have multiple users and the share permissions are set to Everyone, can you try removing Everyone from one of them and try accessing that share then log in using at least one of the users that are allowed to access it. Then try other folders, once done, try other users too.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
zhenya
Aspirant

It's ReadyNAS 312 Firmware 6.5.1

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello zhenya,

Have you tried the above suggestion?

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi zhenya,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
mike_coreit
Aspirant

Hi I recently experienced this same issue when updating to 6.5.1. I was able to resolve it by disabling IPv6 on the NAS drive

Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mike_coreit,

Thank you for sharing the solution you had in fixing this issue. It is possible that your computer is trying to connect to your ReadyNAS (shares) via IPv6 protocol. Let's keep this option disabled so you won't have problems accessing your shares via File Explorer.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements