× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect using a browser

Munchen
Aspirant

Betreff: Unable to connect using a browser

If you are using  EDGE, it has a possibility to be set    in   internet explorer mode   for  pages specified  by yourself.

Search for a Microsoft   page for this mode.

Message 26 of 30
BMcDo
Aspirant

Re: Unable to connect using a browser

"You need to try using IE or download and install an older version of Firefox as a workaround. You will also need to change a setting where it will not auto update.". NOT doing that. Netgear crap device is going out with the garbage, where it belongs!
Disappointed (former) customer!
Message 27 of 30
LisaDigits
Aspirant

You can go to this link to find the older version of Firefox which works.

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/89.0b9/win32/en-US/

Turn off automatic updates after install

Message 28 of 30
RICHARDA380
Aspirant

Isn't this frustrating!

I could not connect to my ReadyNAS NV+ via my 2 year old Windows  PC or a Browser.

So I fired up my old legacy PC from storage, that connected immediatlely into the ReadyNAS NV+ drive.  I used this connection to transfer my files from the old "ReadyNAS NV+" to the newer "ReadyNAS 516". 

I'll throw out the perfectly working "ReadyNAS NV+" and continue with another NAS.  Problem solved (until the newer NAS becomes unsupported by newer versions of Windows!

Message 29 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@RICHARDA380 wrote:

I could not connect to my ReadyNAS NV+ via my 2 year old Windows  PC or a Browser.

(1) You'd be able to access the shares from file explorer if you'd enabled SMB 1/CIFS on the PC (using "turn windows features on or off").

(2) You'd be able to access from a browser using the information here: 

@RICHARDA380 wrote:

I'll throw out the perfectly working "ReadyNAS NV+" and continue with another NAS.  

Another option is to use it as part of your backup plan.  My own NV+ is on a power schedule, and regularly backs up some shares on my main NAS (an RN526) using rsync. Filesharing protocols are disabled. 

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements