× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to log into the admin page of my ReadyNAS 102 running 6:10:5

RogerK
Aspirant

Unable to log into the admin page of my ReadyNAS 102 running 6:10:5

Hi I have a ReadyNAS 102 Model Name RN10200 Serial NUmber 3ERD53E400A2E  which is currently running ver 6.10.5 operating system.  I have installed two 3TB drives that are configured as a RAID 1 array.  I have it connected to my Huawei modem/router by cat5 ethernet cable.  I am connected to the Internet via the Australian iiNET ISP.

The router has allocated the internal ip address of 192.168.1.28.  My main desktop system is running Ubuntu 20.04LTS Linux.

I have been using it as a regular backup for my desktop and other systems that are also networked LAN on the same router.

I recently updated the NAS operating system to 6.10.5 and now I am now unable to access the Admin Page by which I control my backup jobs,  either by trying to directly log into 192.168.1.28 or by trying to log into it via my MyNetgear account.

• On attempting to log into the system I am presented with a pop-up asking for password and user name. 
  • When this is submitted I am presented with a page that shows me the Admin Page briefly but then switches to another page informing me that it is
  • "Connecting to the ReadyNAS Admin Page".    This appears to fail withou any error message and returns the pop-up request for user name and password.
  • If this is resubmitted the system seems locked into a loop and repeats the process with the same result.
  • If I cancel the process a page is shown suggesting a reset of the password using a straitened paperclip tool which resets the password to default "password".

As things stand I currently have the default admin and user set.  In this process I have already restored the whole system to factory setting using the recommended procedure from the user manual.   When this was first done I was able to access the Admin User page and set up a complete renewal of all my backup files.  Having done that I started a full backup process (which at the time of writing is still in process about 24 hours after initiation).  If I access the system through my MyNetgear logon  I can see that the backups are happening and can see the files that are backed up.

After initiating the fresh backup process I logged out of the system and out of MyNetgear.  When I tried to log back into the system the loop described above reocurred, effectively locking me out.

I would be very grateful for any advice you could give me.  I appreciate that as my device is 5 years old it no longer is in any way supported but apart from this problem it seems too good to trash.

Roger

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to log into the admin page of my ReadyNAS 102 running 6:10:5

FWIW, lots of folks are running into this.

You can try an OS reinstall from the front panel - that will reset the admin password back to password, but shouldn't destroy your data.  I think that will let you log back in again.

Once you can log back in, immediately downgrade back to 6.10.4.  Then reset the admin password (and wait for Netgear to fix the issue with 6.10.5 before upgrading again).

The OS reinstall process is described on pages 20-21 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

FWIW, lots of folks are running into this.

You can try an OS reinstall from the front panel - that will reset the admin password back to password, but shouldn't destroy your data.  I think that will let you log back in again.

Once you can log back in, immediately downgrade back to 6.10.4.  Then reset the admin password (and wait for Netgear to fix the issue with 6.10.5 before upgrading again).

The OS reinstall process is described on pages 20-21 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 3
RogerK
Aspirant

Thanks for your very quick help in this.  I think I now have a work around for the time being.  You have confirmed what I was beginning to think, that there was in fact a bug in the upgrade.

Roger.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements