× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to remove apps

MadEngineer
Aspirant

Unable to remove apps

So, this is the second time that this has occurred. Install an app, then when removing it the removal fails and this stops the webportal from loading after boot up.

The last time it occurred I had to factory reset the unit.

The app in this particular case was Cacti.

Would someone like to test this? I have a 102 model on the current software update. Install an app and when it fails to uninstall the webportal fails to load on next boot up.
Message 1 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to remove apps

This is a known issue that is fixed in 6.2.3 beta: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=78866

Sent you a PM. I can fix this. A factory reset is not necessary.
Message 2 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Fixed though you do have a failing disk.
Message 3 of 45
MadEngineer
Aspirant

Wow, thanks for the super fast response and resolution 🙂

And thanks for noticing that one of the drives was failing.
Message 4 of 45
drivingsouth
Aspirant

This same think just happened to me.. But on my 104. Anyway to fix it?
Message 5 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sent you a PM
Message 6 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You should be able to access the web admin page again now
Message 7 of 45
drivingsouth
Aspirant

Awesome, you're the best mdgm. Thank you!
Message 8 of 45
djtraxz
Aspirant

Iredmail wont uninstall. grrrrrrr please help

Message 9 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This sounds like a different issue.

Which version of ReadyNAS OS are you running?

Message 10 of 45
djtraxz
Aspirant

the current 6.2.5

Message 11 of 45
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 12 of 45
djtraxz
Aspirant

Thu Aug 6 2015 19:51:54 System: Failed to uninstall application 'iredmail'.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:50:13 System: External storage device connected.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:50:21 System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:50:04 System: External storage device connected.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:49:27 System: External storage device connected.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:49:42 snapshot: Smart Snapshot successfully deleted snapshot '2015_08_04__19_00_45' from share or LUN 'V-P-Backups'.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:49:24 System: External storage device connected.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:49:18 System: ReadyNASOS service or process was restarted.
Thu Aug 6 2015 19:00:59 Miscellaneous: Snapshot 'c_1438851658' has been successfully created for share or LUN 'V-P-Backups'.
Thu Aug 6 2015 18:59:27 snapshot: Smart Snapshot successfully deleted snapshot '2015_08_04__18_00_30' from share or LUN 'V-P-Backups'.
Thu Aug 6 2015 18:28:57 System: Failed to uninstall application 'iredmail'.
Message 13 of 45
StephenB
Guru

djtraxz:

The request from mdgm was that you should download your logs to your PC and email them to Netgear.  Read the "sending logs" link in mdgm's signature.

Message 14 of 45
sparky6467
Aspirant

Hi,

I have just had the same problem with the same app. I installed it as I have created a website on my nas and I required the app to be able to send mail via a mail.php file pulling data from my html file. 

When i tried launching iredmail i got a internal server error, the config page not working either so i decided to remove the app and seems like its doing something. It finishes and the app is still on my nas! 

Look in the log and shows as Uninstall failed.

I have noticed something else quite a bit where the admin page shows as the nas has disconnected. Can you help?

Message 15 of 45
lafnas
Aspirant

Perhaps my google-fu has failed me, but the fix for this appears to be getting someone from netgear to send you a PM..

So.. could someone tell me how to remove an app wich fails to remove via the UI, in a non warranty voiding way? This particular app failed to remove before a firmware version update, and continues to fail with the latest firmware.

Thank you.

Message 16 of 45
StephenB
Guru

@lafnas wrote:

Perhaps my google-fu has failed me, but the fix for this appears to be getting someone from netgear to send you a PM..

So.. could someone tell me how to remove an app wich fails to remove via the UI, in a non warranty voiding way? This particular app failed to remove before a firmware version update, and continues to fail with the latest firmware.

Thank you.

A factory reset (brute force and painful) is 100% guaranteed not to void the warranty.

Netgear support of course will not void your warranty either.  I believe the PMs were likely offers to remotely diagnose/resolve from Netgear folks. 

Message 17 of 45
Swervey
Aspirant

Hi All

I'm getting the same issue as others, cannot removed app from the NAS. I have the 4bay 104 version and currently running the latest software available which is 6.4.1.

When i try and removed any apps the system just tries but never completes. I refresh the browser but it simply returns to the main admin screen and alerts me that its fails. Also, on another point, i continue to get error messages sent from my NAS saying that other apps have failed to create?? Any ideas?

Message 18 of 45
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Swervey,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. What is the specific ReadyNAS model you have?

b. What specific app/s are you trying to uninstall?

c. Were you able to uninstall app/s before you updated the NAS to v6.4.1?

d. Have you tried to reboot your NAS then try to uninstall the app/s?

e. Do you have a backup of the data stored in your NAS?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 19 of 45
Swervey
Aspirant

Hi DaneA

Apologies for the lame post and lack of information thereafter, see below details as requested:

1) I have the Netgear ReadyNas 104

2) The app is PLEX. But i also get error notifications via e-mail for sabnzbd but it looks like it is installed fine.

3) Not sure, possibly but i've only just purchased the box and updated to the latests version straight away.

4) Yes i have tried to reboot the NAS, a number of times. I can see the app still stated as installed but with no icon?? Weird.

5) Unfortunately i do not have a backup of the data.

Thanks in advance

Message 20 of 45
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Swervey,

I advise you to have a backup of your data.  You may backup all of the data from your RN104 to an external drive.  Then, if its alright with you, perform a factory reset on your RN104 then reconfigure it from scratch.  Afterwards, check if you can install and uninstall app/s just fine.

If ever backing up your data is not an option (however, its a must that you have a backup always) and of course, you cannot proceed with doing a factory reset since you need to have a back up first, I encourage you to contact NETGEAR Support and open a case regarding your concern.  You may contact NETGEAR UK Support anytime on this hotline number: 0843-4538000.  Be reminded that a support contract might be offered to you if ever the support warranty on your RN104 has already expired.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 21 of 45
Swervey
Aspirant

Thanks DaneA

I appreciate your response. The app isnt required anymore so i will think about your advise. Though i am a little worried to continue as is if there might be an inherrant problem with the OS build. Is it worth waiting for the next release and see if it gets fixed? or by upgrading to a newer version the problem gets fixed?

Jon 

Message 22 of 45
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Swervey,

Since you mentioned on your previous responses that your RN104 is already on the latest firmware version, then possibly, waiting for the next firmware release may take time.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 23 of 45
LeMMin9
Aspirant

I've hit this problem today as well.

I'm using a ReadyNAS 102 with two hdd's and the Plex media server is playing up on me.  I've tried to remove it and it just hangs on the "Removing Application" screen.  I can't even turn the app on anymore either 😞

Could one of the gurus help me please

Message 24 of 45
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi LeMMin9,

Welcome to the community!

Which Firmware is installed in your system? 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 25 of 45
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements