× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unexpected Drive Removal - Access Denied

Kraken131
Aspirant

Unexpected Drive Removal - Access Denied

Have a ReadyNas NV+ v2 with 4x 2TB drives in xRAID. The other day I received alerts stating 3 of 4 drives were removed, yet nothing was actually happening around the device. 

I powered down the device by hitting the button twice and rebotoed. Lights show all drives up and accurate usage... 

But I cannot access or log into the drive now. Web UI states connection refused, and no credentials are working from mapping/file explorer.

Device has been on 24/7 for approx 4 years... Is the device dead?

If so, will the drives/volumes work in a new Netgear NAS?

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+,ReadyNASRND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which brand and model disks are these?

Which firmware were you running?

Message 2 of 5
Kraken131
Aspirant

Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Firmware: (RAIDiator-arm-5.3.11)

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

You can't migrate the disks, but with some help from support you can temporarily mount them on the new OS 6 NAS so you can off-load the data before you do a factory install.  There are some details here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29876

You can also use per-incident (paid) support to try and resolve your current problem.  It might not require full data recovery.

FWIW, the DM drives aren't the best options for a NAS.  Seagate VN ("Ironman") or WDC Reds are better options.

Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kraken131,

Welcome to the community!

We couldn't tell if the device(chassis) is at fault or it's hard drives. If the data stored in your system is important, I suggest that you contact our support team to and no backup of seems like you haven't contacted our support team about this issue. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements