× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update an NV+ v1 from 4.1.9 to 4.1.14?

Fearless
Aspirant

Update an NV+ v1 from 4.1.9 to 4.1.14?

Given the NV+ is no longer being updated I am considering whether to update mine from 4.1.9 to 4.1.14 "for all time". But I recall there was some issue with doing this, though don't remember what. Can anyone enlighten me?

I currently am using Share, not User, mode, have no groups set up, and the only changes I might envision for the future would be if we get a Macintosh computer (all currently Windows) some day.

My NV+ has been working perfectly and I am not sure I should touch it but am willing to consider...

BTW I'm sure Netgear had good reasons to remodel the forums but I'm dismayed that I can't get into my old ID any more and finding anything in the new system is a total nightmare--unless I have problems in the future this will be my farewell topic! 😞

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Update an NV+ v1 from 4.1.9 to 4.1.14?

Share security mode is EOL, so it would be advisable to migrate to user mode before doing the upgrade. See http://readynas.sphardy.com/2010/09/how-to-migrate-to-user-security-mode_4917.html

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Fearless,

It is highly recommended that you update to the latest Firmware since it has addressed some issues, bugs and added changes since the 4.1.9 Firmware. You can take note of the said changes by checking the release notes of each Firmware.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Fearless
Aspirant

I am sure I got advice from mdgm or StephenB years back to do something to my setup (included a link to a dbott blog maybe) before updating from 4.1.9 but you say not?

Maybe I needed to pick a different handle i.e. Fearful! 😉 cuz the only time I've ever had a problem with my RN was when updating firmware...

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Share security mode is EOL, so it would be advisable to migrate to user mode before doing the upgrade. See http://readynas.sphardy.com/2010/09/how-to-migrate-to-user-security-mode_4917.html

Message 4 of 5
Fearless
Aspirant

Thank you very much mdgm--that is exactly the concern/issue/link I was looking for!

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements