× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Update on my post : "RNDP400U suddenly crashing after 6 years of usage"

RNDP400User
Aspirant

Update on my post : "RNDP400U suddenly crashing after 6 years of usage"

ive been too busy these last months to look into the troubles of my NAS in my post :
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/RNDP400U-suddenly-crashing-after-6-...

I just did as suggested and did a Memory test. it didnt even get to check the first 1% of the memory and already had countless errors!

So i quickly find out what ram is in it (ASint 1GB DDR2 SO-DIMM 667mhz)
and found somewhat of a replacement from a old scraped laptop from my it-supporting days.
i jammed in a 2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM 800mhz just to try it out.
and my NAS actually works again though some strange anomalys being very slow to access, normally after its booted my TV can access the files and just instantly see all of them, but it took quite some time now until it could see any at all, it kinda of slowly buffered the file entry's in a few at a time.
But it havent crashed now for atleast 2hours

i suspect the RAM is working'ISH but aint that compatible, and therefore probably not that fast as the 1GB 667Mhz which was in originaly.
so i have spend now the 2 hours of run time finding out a list of compatible RAMs and i see all of netgears posts about it in google just end up blank here on this website.

SO: Do anyone know of some compatible RAM i can put in there to finally come to a fix???

i put this up so others maybe with the same problems can get a good lead.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Update on my post : "RNDP400U suddenly crashing after 6 years of usage"

I would expect that RAM to be compatible.  800MHz RAM can normally be run slower at 667MHz without issue.  And doubling the RAM would be expected ot bump up the performance just a bit.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements