× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade DUO to 4.1.8

Ooljo
Aspirant

Upgrade DUO to 4.1.8

After I upgraded mu Duo from 4.1.7 to 4.1.8 it is no more visible on the network.
I have rebooted the devise several times without success.
I upgraded my Ultra 4 Plus att the same time and it carried out just as expect.

/Ooljo.
Message 1 of 13
Romie
Aspirant

Re: Upgrade DUO to 4.1.8

Here we go agian. I have the same problem. I nolonger have access to my ReadyNAS DUO. It did the auto update last night so I suppose this forum will start filling up real soon with this complaint.
Message 2 of 13
b00st3d
Aspirant

i went from the beta 4.1.8-T9 to this version and had no problems on my duo.

does raidar show your nas device?
Message 3 of 13
Romie
Aspirant

Not at home right now to try the Raidar. I had tried to log in by entering the IP Address and that went nowhere.
Message 4 of 13
kllngtme
Aspirant

Just upgraded my Duo from 4.1.7 to 4.1.8 with no problems. I did the remote upgrade, worked like a charm, you guys had me worried I'd run into issues..

Goodluck.
Message 5 of 13
schinfo
Aspirant

If you have a static IP, then v4.1.8 delete the Gateway and DNS entry.
You can find it under "Network"
Message 6 of 13
Romie
Aspirant

Are you saying that 4.18 deleted my Gateway and DNS on my computer Network settings? And, I should go and reenter then in the Network settings?
Message 7 of 13
schinfo
Aspirant

No, it deleted the settings on the ReadyNAS. Reenter it over the WEB-Inteface.
Message 8 of 13
Romie
Aspirant

I have more questions. Are you saying to use the NetGear RAIDAR application or to log in using the Internet Explorer and enter the Static IP address in the address bar? Please note the this last option does not get me into the ReadyNAS DUO.
Message 9 of 13
Romie
Aspirant

OK, I returned home from work and booted up my system. Now I find that I have access to the ReadyNAS DUO. Raidar is working and I have not lost any of the settings in the unit itself. I guess that rebooting my computer must have had something to do with it.
Message 10 of 13
witchcraft
Aspirant

I'm still having the AFP issues I had with the beta. My TimeMachine and AFP share aren't advertised I have to connect to the shares via SMB and TimeMachine by afp://ReadyNAS@"IP address"
Message 11 of 13
ablang
Aspirant

2TB HD limit was stated as one of the limitations.

Has this always been the limit, regardless of the firmware version used?
Message 12 of 13
Romie
Aspirant

No, the limit has moved up from 1TB to 1.5TB to2TB over past Firmware updates. But note, ONLY certain drives have been tested and are acknowledged as working and acceptable.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements