× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade NVX to OS6?

enkrypt3d
Tutor

Upgrade NVX to OS6?

I see that some people that have NV+ are on OS5... so theoretically has anyone upgraded either NVX to OS6? What are the benefits over OS4 vs 6? Just curious.. 😄 😎 Thx
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upgrade NVX to OS6?

The Duo/NV+ v2 have very different hardware to the v1. You can only run OS5 on the v2. You can't run it on the v1. You can't run RAIDiator 4 or earlier on the v2 either. See How to tell whether I have a Duo v1 or Duo v2 or NV+ v1 or NV+ v2

Sadly you cannot update the NVX to OS6. The NVX (both BE and Pioneer versions) unlike the other desktop models with Intel CPUs uses a 32-bit CPU. ReadyNAS OS 6 is a 64-bit OS and uses a 64-bit kernel. There is no support for the NVX, 1500 or 2100v1 which use 32-bit CPUs.
Message 2 of 4
Bacelo
Aspirant

Just want lo leave a note here that's really a pain that there is no more 32bit development and so NVX users like me have the forbearance...
These units are not really cheep (and still not very old) and so I keep on looking jealous to my friends Synology units and there massive possibilities while easy handling.

It would have been a nice tweak also for the 32bit system users to have the opportunity of the (more than overdue) new "OS6".

For me as a long term Netgear customer - very sad...
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is still some development. There is a 4.2.25 RC which you are running.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements