× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrade to 6.2.4 for very early 314 hardware

gpaolo
Luminary

Upgrade to 6.2.4 for very early 314 hardware

Hello, I own a ReadyNAS 314 form the beta test program, so it has one of the earliest HW.

When I upgraded to 6.2.0, I had a compatibility issue and the NAS stopped working, but it was brilliantly solved remotely by NetGear staff and they told me that the cause was the version of the hardware.

Now I have got the message of another upgrade to 6.2.4, but I'm a bit worried about it, since I would like to avoid another forced stop...

Is there someone else in my situation or someone from the staff who could confirm that it is safe for my HW to perform the update?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gpaolo,

I am sorry to hear that you had a small hiccup after updating the device Firmware to 6.2.0. It is safe to update the firmware and best way to do it is to update it manually. Download the latest Firmware here and upload the file in the admin page under System Tab -> Settings -> Update.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gpaolo,

I am sorry to hear that you had a small hiccup after updating the device Firmware to 6.2.0. It is safe to update the firmware and best way to do it is to update it manually. Download the latest Firmware here and upload the file in the admin page under System Tab -> Settings -> Update.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 7
gpaolo
Luminary

Thank you Brian! Don't worry, the only thing I remember from the previous update was the impressive (and honestly quite unique in my experience!) support I had from the Netgear people here on the forum.

I will proceed with the update, thanks!

Message 3 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gpaolo,

Great! Hope everything turns out well.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I can't remember what the issue was when you updated to 6.2.0 but it was one we fixed in 6.2.1 and it wasn't due to using beta hardware.

The updated to 6.2.4 should work fine.

Message 5 of 7
gpaolo
Luminary

The update worked perfectly, thanks!

About the previous issue, maybe I misunderstood. I cannot find the old messages, but I remember that after fixing the issue the person who did the fix asked me if it was a beta hardware and I probabily associated it with the cause of the issue.

Anyway, all is fine. Thanks again!

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I was probably just beign curious when I asked if it was beta hardware back then.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements