× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgraded my ReadyNAS104 to 6.9 now I have no shares

knewsom
Aspirant

Upgraded my ReadyNAS104 to 6.9 now I have no shares

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 5.09.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-18 at 5.08.52 PM.pngUpgraded my ReadyNAS from 6.6.1 to 6.9 from the upgrade prompt.  Now there are no volumes on my disk and all of my data appears to be gone.  The name of the device is still the same NewsomNAS and the 2 users are still there.  How do I get my data back.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Upgraded my ReadyNAS104 to 6.9 now I have no shares

It looks like you have at least one failing disk per your screenshot.  Can you download the logs and see how many disks show up in disk_info.log?  Maybe also look through mdstat.log.

Message 2 of 4
knewsom
Aspirant

Looking at the logs, disk 4 has some bad sectors, but has not failed yet.  There are 4 disks in the array.  I was accessing data off of it prior to the upgrade and had not noticed the disk errors previously, however they appear to have started in the past month.  I have uploaded the latest logs.  I can replace disk 4 tonight, but will it recreate my volumes?  All of our home movies and photos of the family are on these drives.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@knewsom wrote:

Looking at the logs, disk 4 has some bad sectors, but has not failed yet.  

And at least 343 uncorrectable errors. I would replace it (with an IronWolf or WDC Red, not a DM drive).  DM drives have a high failure rate in RAID arrays.

I suggest Netgear paid support first, since data loss is a real possibility.  There's no guarantee that the NAS will remount the volume on its own.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements