× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading to PHP 7? (ReadyNAS OS 6.9)

GJSchaller
Guide

Upgrading to PHP 7? (ReadyNAS OS 6.9)

I am currently using Nextcloud, as provided by rnxtras.com, on my RN 214.  When I log in and check the admin panel, I see the following:

• You are currently running PHP 5.6.33-0+deb8u1.netgear1. Upgrade your PHP version to take advantage of performance and security updates provided by the PHP Group as soon as your distribution supports it.
  • You are currently running PHP 5.6. The current major version of Nextcloud is the last that is supported on PHP 5.6. It is recommended to upgrade the PHP version to 7.0+ to be able to upgrade to Nextcloud 14.

Is it possible to upgrade to PHP 7 (or 7.1) on my device?

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upgrading to PHP 7? (ReadyNAS OS 6.9)

Hi @GJSchaller

It is possible to update from backend (SSH) but it is not supported natively on OS 6.9.x so there might be issues if you update to php7..

As with the procedure I haven't tried it, future firmware updates might include it.

Hope this helps! If you find this useful I would like to encourage you to mark this reply as an accepted solution so other users can benefit from your thread!

Regards!

Message 2 of 3
vinoc
Aspirant

Re: Upgrading to PHP 7? (ReadyNAS OS 6.9)

When PHP7.2 (or up) will be include on our debian jessie armel ?Today i've upgrade to debian 9.5...

Why it's so long ?!!

How can we install it with SSH ? All repository who i've found wasn't for 'armel', so they doesn't works...If you know the good repository, your my hero !

Thanks.

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements