× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upon reboot: Volume C Dead, but data/shares still there.

schredder
Aspirant

Upon reboot: Volume C Dead, but data/shares still there.

So I just set this Ultra 4 up 2 days ago, got my data migrated, settings set, with a number of shutdowns/reboots during the config process.

Then shut it down to move it. Upon reboot, FrontView tells me Volume C is dead, 0MB used.

I panicked, but all of my data, shares, etc is still intact. SMART status is good on both drives. I've tried rebooting, FS checks, and pulling one of the two drives (from which it's still resyncing).

Next I was going to try an OS re-install but I wanted to gauge opinion to see if that would actually help, since downloading the config backup doesn't seem to be working, and I would like to avoid setting everything up again.

Are there other things I could try?

Thanks in advance. I hope someone else has had this issue. I didn't have any luck searching for it.
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Upon reboot: Volume C Dead, but data/shares still there.

Before you do much else, I would certainly make sure all the data is backed up somewhere else. Since the unit is so new, most likely the unit is still on the previous locations as well as on the ReadyNAS.

An OS reinstall may help. It will re-install the OS, but will not touch the data and the configuration will not be changed. If that does not work, I would call tech support. You have 90 days of free telephone support from the purchase date. Once you get a case number, it would help if you edit your first post and add the case # at the end of your header.
Message 2 of 3
schredder
Aspirant

Re: Upon reboot: Volume C Dead, but data/shares still there.

Ok, the OS reinstall did the trick. I'll keep my eye out, though.

Thanks for the advice, PapaBear.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements