× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Urgent Request - ReadyNAS- I'm not able to see shares after removing from Domain on web UI/windows

VamcyCG
Aspirant

Urgent Request - ReadyNAS- I'm not able to see shares after removing from Domain on web UI/windows

Hi, 

I am having issues seeing shares in ReadyNAS 10200 web UI and windows after removing from domain to join workgroup.

Tried joing back in the domain but still no luck.

Only folders I can see are Home Folders, but I can see the data is still in the drive through the storage bar indication

Can anyone please suggest me how to assign all folders ownership to admin to be able access again or any ways to access folders?

Kind regards

Vam

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Urgent Request - ReadyNAS- I'm not able to see shares after removing from Domain on web UI/windo

If the shares aren't visible in the web admin UI, then your issue isn't related to file permissions.  More likely something has corrupted the configuration files on the NAS.  This is often a result of a filled OS partition.  There could also be actual data loss (despite the space usage you are seeing).

The safest way to proceed here is to contact paid Netgear support (via my.netgear.com).

You might also try to access the full NAS data volume with File Explorer, and offload your data files (for instance to a USB disk).  The data is at risk, and of course once it is backed up you can just do a factory default and restore the shares and files.

To do this you'd run the Windows command prompt (you'll find it if you enter CMD into the windows search bar) and type:

net use * /delete -y
net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Use the real IP address and NAS admin password of course.  If you aren't using XRAID, then substitute your data volume name for "data".  

Also, be careful on the typing - particularly slash directions and spaces.

The first command will terminate any open network sessions on the PC.  The second attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter T.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Urgent Request - ReadyNAS- I'm not able to see shares after removing from Domain on web UI/windo

@VamcyCG wrote:

Hi, 

I am having issues seeing shares in ReadyNAS 10200 web UI

The shares aren't present on the shares page of the web admin ui?

Message 2 of 7
VamcyCG
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB,

Thank you for replying and helping me with my issue.

Yes, for some reason they are hiddin and not able to see the folders, but can see the volume filled upto 1.6tb.

When reading through the support artilces all refereced to changing folder permissions to default. How can i change the permissions to hidden folders please?or is there a better way to unhide the folders to admin user?

Kind regards

Vam

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

If the shares aren't visible in the web admin UI, then your issue isn't related to file permissions.  More likely something has corrupted the configuration files on the NAS.  This is often a result of a filled OS partition.  There could also be actual data loss (despite the space usage you are seeing).

The safest way to proceed here is to contact paid Netgear support (via my.netgear.com).

You might also try to access the full NAS data volume with File Explorer, and offload your data files (for instance to a USB disk).  The data is at risk, and of course once it is backed up you can just do a factory default and restore the shares and files.

To do this you'd run the Windows command prompt (you'll find it if you enter CMD into the windows search bar) and type:

net use * /delete -y
net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

Use the real IP address and NAS admin password of course.  If you aren't using XRAID, then substitute your data volume name for "data".  

Also, be careful on the typing - particularly slash directions and spaces.

The first command will terminate any open network sessions on the PC.  The second attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter T.

Message 4 of 7
VamcyCG
Aspirant

HI @StephenB ,

I tried follwing the steps with no luck.

Would you recommend if I can connect the drives directy to the windows PC? Can I make a backup that way?

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@VamcyCG wrote:

Would you recommend if I can connect the drives directy to the windows PC? Can I make a backup that way?

That won't work - the NAS uses file systems that aren't supported by Windows.  You could purchase ReclaiMe software to overcome that problem, but it is pretty expensive.

@VamcyCG wrote:

I tried following the steps with no luck.

What happens when you try them?

Message 6 of 7
VamcyCG
Aspirant

It is my bad.

I tried again to connect using ip address from explorer it worked. Before I was trying to access using the ReadyNAS name.

Thank you for helping me with this @StephenB 

Thanks

Vam

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements