× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Uset control of snapshot schedule?

Uset control of snapshot schedule?

My RN104 is used mostly as a media streaming device.  It's scheduled to power on every day when my family is likely to want to use it and to power off late in the evening.  Since weekly snapshots take place on a Saturday morning (at 00:00, I think), I have to schedule a power on for that time just to allow the snapshot to take place, otherwise I don't get a snapshot and, worse, I don't get told that the snapshot has been missed. 

Is there any reason why users can't decide what time of day and day of the week when daily/weekly snapshots take place so that they can suit the times when the NAS is likely to be powered on?

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Uset control of snapshot schedule?

@BlackCat3000 wrote:

Is there any reason why users can't decide what time of day and day of the week when daily/weekly snapshots take place so that they can suit the times when the NAS is likely to be powered on?

I think this would be a useful feature.  Perhaps submit it to the Idea Exchange for ReadyNAS Network Storage

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements