× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using Ready NAS with Samsung TV

Sarahg123
Aspirant

Using Ready NAS with Samsung TV

I can see my Ready NAS on our Samsung TV but the only folders visable are ones I havent set up (pictures, videos, music) - I'm not able to see any files or folders I have on my NAS, despite being able to see them from my laptop and in the cloud. 

How can I uninstall and reinstall to see if that works? Or is there anything else to try?

Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Sarahg123

Welcome to the Community!

Are you using ReadyDLNA? What firmware are you running? or are you accessing the NAS as a media on your Samsung TV or using another serivce? (Plex,LMS)?

Please see

https://kb.netgear.com/23069/What-is-the-ReadyDLNA-streaming-service-and-how-do-I-enable-it-on-my-Re...

Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?

Regards

Message 2 of 7
Sarahg123
Aspirant

I don't know what I'm running. I can't actually remember how I set it up. Just gone to use it for the first time and noticed it isn't working. I'll try following the link you've sent now

Message 3 of 7
Sarahg123
Aspirant

DLNA is showing as enabled

Message 4 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Sarahg123

You may have to enable DLNA on the shares you have set up. You can do that by going into settings of the share and enable DLNA under Network Access. You will then be able to see the share/folder on the Samsung TV.

The folders you are seeing on the TV have DLNA enabled

Prot.png

So you need to enable DLNA on the folders you want to be accessible to your TV.

Just click on the COg on the right side of your Share/Folder and access the Settings. Under Network tab, Enable DLNA

Prot1.pngProt2.png

But only Supported files will be showing once you have access to this folder.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 5 of 7
Sarahg123
Aspirant

I'm sorry I don't understand. I'm not completely tech illiterate but first time I've dealt with internet TVs and NAS

Message 6 of 7
Sarahg123
Aspirant

Thank you this has sort of worked. When I selected all media none of them showed. When I selected videos though most folders have showed. One created today hasn't which seems odd but maybe will appear.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements