× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: V4.2.28 firmware

franmiele
Aspirant

V4.2.28 firmware

I received an email today saying I should update my  ReadyNas NV+ to the new firmware V4.2.28 firmware. When I go to my system and have it check for updates it says I have the latest version, V4.1.1. Is this new firmware rally fo my system?

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
franmiele
Aspirant

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

No. This firmware is only for our legacy x86 devices.

4.1.14 is the latest firmware for your NV+ (v1).

Message 2 of 11
stgeorge
Guide

Well...ok...I'll copy and paste that question, because I believe this is designed for my readyNas Pro6, but similarly, my internal Frontview "update check" is saying that I already have the latest and greatest...4.2.27 ??  What gives?

Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

4.2.28 is not yet on the update server so a local update is needed at this time.

Message 4 of 11
stgeorge
Guide

Call me crazy, but I find that somewhat odd....Netgear is sending it out to its customers, but it's not on the update server yet?

Message 5 of 11
IanSav
Apprentice

Hi,

I also received the firmware update *and* EOL (End Of Life) E-Mail today.  What I find most annoying (and angering) is that my ReadyNAS Pro 6 is still under warranty yet there are no spare parts and now I am told the unit is EOL so there will be no more updates as well.

I have been waiting about six months for Netgear to follow up on my failed fan support case and provide an acceptable solution.  Now Netgear "invites" me to review and purchase another unit to replace this one.  I don't think so!

Regards,

Ian.

Message 6 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

IanSav your support case was closed back in late May. We have never sold spare parts for it. For units under warranty we can replace a chassis with a dead fan with a refurbished chassis via RMA.

If you want the replacement unit ahead of sending the old unit back there may be an option to purchase advanced shipping. Otherwise you would need to send in the dead unit first and wait for the replacement.

Message 7 of 11
IanSav
Apprentice

Hi Mdgm,

My last message from Netgear was that my concerns were passed on to the RMA department and that support would get back to me when they had an answer.  That is the last I heard from them.  I was never told the case had been closed!

As for the fan spare parts I was told that they were still in stock in the UK warehouse but it was "too hard" to get them shipped to Australia. ?!?!

My previous experience with "refurbished" units was not very good.  I voiced my concerns about my previous experiences, costs and downtime with the support and RMA departments and this was being considered and a response was meant to be coming to me from Netgear.  I must admit that I forgot to chase it up because after a few calls I was told that *Netgear* would get back to me and I eventually got used to all the fan noise from the NAS.  (Apart from the noise the NAS is still working perfectly.)

Regards,

Ian.

Message 8 of 11
dgflear
Aspirant

Received notification of a firmware update for my ReadyNAS NV+ v2 to upgrade to software V4.2.28. Having checked the device dashboard I already have RAIDiator software 5.3.11 installed. I assume the email has been sent in error? 

Message 9 of 11
stgeorge
Guide

My sense is that the folks who previously managed this sort of thing at Netgear are gone and it's not being handled like it used to be.  Shame.

As long as I'm complaining, I must also add that I really dislike this new forum / message system.  The old one was far better!

Message 10 of 11
franmiele
Aspirant

Thank you

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements