× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Volume: Volume data ist Degraded.

Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

Volume: Volume data ist Degraded.

Hello

The Log is showing me "Volume: Volume data ist Degraded."

But there is nothing telling about a bad disc or anything like that.

please help

Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 20.49.05.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 20.48.59.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 20.48.50.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 20.48.43.png

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

Re: Volume: Volume data ist Degraded.

Thank you Everyone!

after all i added a new third HD, the system resync with this HD, now seems like everything is OK

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dede_Ayache,

Were there two disks initially when you created the volume? You may download the complete system logs and then provide it to us so we can further check it. You can upload it to Google Drive then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

Hi

Yes i have this two disk for to build this volume , never had anything else

here is the log

<Redacted>

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@JohnCM_S requested that you send a "private message" (PM) with the link.

Please don't post public links to your log files (there is privacy leakage when you do that).  I've redacted the link from your post.

Message 4 of 9
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dede_Ayache,

I have checked the logs and it appears that a third disk was added to the existing volume last 12/13/2018.

[18/12/13 10:53:04 CET] notice:disk:LOGMSG_ADD_DISK Disk Model:HGST HUH728080ALN600 Serial:xxxxxxxx was added to Channel 3 of the head unit.

I also saw this on the logs that the volume became Degraded and disk 3 was removed.

[19/03/21 13:29:15 CET] warning:volume:LOGMSG_HEALTH_VOLUME Volume data health changed from Redundant to Degraded.
[19/03/21 13:30:31 CET] warning:disk:LOGMSG_DELETE_DISK Disk Model:HGST HUH728080ALN600 Serial:xxxxxxx was removed from Channel 3 of the head unit.

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

Hi and thank you

I SWEARE i never had a third disc in this chasis 

Message 6 of 9
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

and what can i do now?

Message 7 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Either replace the removed drive or destroy the volume, re-create it, and restore all the data from your backup.  Obviously, insure the backup is up to date before doing the second one.

I guess there is one more option:  live with it and know if one of the drives fails, your data is lost.  Assuming you keep your backup up to date, you could wait till a drive fails to re-create the volume.

Message 8 of 9
Dede_Ayache
Aspirant

Thank you Everyone!

after all i added a new third HD, the system resync with this HD, now seems like everything is OK

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements