× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Volume dead, need paid support

ahonse
Aspirant

Volume dead, need paid support

Howdy, 

I have an RN104 that has a dead volume.  The my.netgear.com gives me the run around, as my product is too old, and it wont let me open a case to get the paid support i saw offered in the KB article about it to try and get it restored. 

Is that still possible?

I tried the 888 support number and again got the automated run around. 

Any one know how to get it started?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Volume dead, need paid support

Hello @ahonse 

Please send an email to readynassupport@netgear.com for proceeding further with payment and data recovery.👍

Have a lovely day, 
NiveditaPa
Netgear Team 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @ahonse 

We provide paid support for data recovery. The basic pay for data recovery service would cost around 200 USD. And we would need SDM to do the data recovery process and send this to the support team on supportcase@netgear.com

Note: Data recovery is to investigate whether the data can be recovered. We do not promise to recover the data. Data recovery is paid to check and investigate.

Have a lovely day,
Nivedita Pa
Netgear Team

Message 2 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@ahonse wrote:

my.netgear.com gives me the run around

Many folks here have had that issue - hopefully @NiveditaP will help facilitate, so you can reach the right support folks.

Longer term - investing in backup is a better option than depending on data recovery.  Data recovery is expensive, and in many cases can't recover anything).  If you don't have a backup, you will eventually lose your data (it's just a matter of when).

Personally I back up to other ReadyNAS.   USB drives are another option, as is cloud storage. 

Message 3 of 9
ahonse
Aspirant

Thank you Nivedita Pa,

I would like to do this, How do we start?

Do i just email something to supportcase@netgear.com?

"And we would need SDM to do the data recovery process and send this to the support team on supportcase@netgear.com"

What is "SDM" an abbreviation of?

Message 4 of 9
ahonse
Aspirant

Thank you Stephen, 

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@ahonse wrote:

What is "SDM" an abbreviation of?

"Secure Diagnostic Mode".  You enable this in the admin web ui (system->settings->support).  It gives Netgear remote access to your system.

Message 6 of 9
ahonse
Aspirant

@NiveditaP What is the next step to get started? I have setup SDM on my readynas. I need a ticket opened with an email i think?

Please help

Adam

Message 7 of 9
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @ahonse 

Please send an email to readynassupport@netgear.com for proceeding further with payment and data recovery.👍

Have a lovely day, 
NiveditaPa
Netgear Team 

Message 8 of 9
NiveditaP
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @ahonse 

If your query is resolved, please close the thread by clicking "Accept as solution".

Have a lovely day,
Nivedita Pa
Netgear Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements