× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Volume root is 100.00% full

konstsu
Aspirant

Volume root is 100.00% full

Please, help. I can not install firmware due to root is full. What I must do?

Current firmware - 6/9/5

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Volume root is 100.00% full

Netgear dropped the AntiVirus service in the RN104 in the 6.10.0 firmware because the NAS no longer has the resources needed to run it.

The first step is to disable the antivirus service in the web ui (System->settings->services).  Enable SSH while you are there.  

After that follow the guide here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/System-volume-root-s-usage-is-90-RN...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

One option is to use paid support (my.netgear.com)

Did you have the antivirus service enabled?

Are you familiar with linux commands?

Message 2 of 5
konstsu
Aspirant

1. Yes. I undestend this, but I think that anybody had this problem and he slove it.

2. Yes. Anivirus is enable. It can not upload update of signature form 06/21/19.

3. Not a lot. If you help me, how enter to OS ReadyNas, may be, I will clear some files.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Netgear dropped the AntiVirus service in the RN104 in the 6.10.0 firmware because the NAS no longer has the resources needed to run it.

The first step is to disable the antivirus service in the web ui (System->settings->services).  Enable SSH while you are there.  

After that follow the guide here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/System-volume-root-s-usage-is-90-RN...

Message 4 of 5
konstsu
Aspirant

Ok. All good. Thnks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements