× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR after lighting strike

Jpatullo
Aspirant

WNR after lighting strike

Hi - I had a lightning strike hit our house and it looks like my RN100NA is dead.

Question: can I just swap the drives into a new ReadyNas 212 - are they compatible?

I think the drives are still good.

thanks!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR after lighting strike

@Jpatullo

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that but yes you can just transfer the disks from your RN100 series to a new RN212 and it should boot normally provided that the disks are healthy and have not been affected by the lightning strike, hopefully everything's fine.

It's good practice to make sure to get the new RN212 setup with a spare disk first and then updated to the latest version before swapping the drives from the RN100 series.

Please see OS 6 Disk Migration

HTH

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR after lighting strike

@Jpatullo

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that but yes you can just transfer the disks from your RN100 series to a new RN212 and it should boot normally provided that the disks are healthy and have not been affected by the lightning strike, hopefully everything's fine.

It's good practice to make sure to get the new RN212 setup with a spare disk first and then updated to the latest version before swapping the drives from the RN100 series.

Please see OS 6 Disk Migration

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements