× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WOW I'm really impressed with the combination of readyDR and iSCSI luns

GJNA
Aspirant

WOW I'm really impressed with the combination of readyDR and iSCSI luns

I was constantly fighting with sparsebundles (Apple OSX disk images) to archive my iMovie raw material but they kept on getting corrupted.

So I started fiddeling around with iSCSI LUNs on my ReadyNAS and mounting them on my mac, I used the free version of kernsafe ISCSI Initiator X this worked very nice and stable.

But then I had a very big file which changed constantly and was open almost al the time which needed to be replicated to my other DR/Backup NAS. So I started using ReadyDR which took initialy a long time to sync. But the next udates went very fast because of its blocklevel replication.

After replicating the iSCSI LUN the DR site showed a volume with snapshots, when cloning one of the snapshot it was than formed into a iSCSI again which I could use again on my Mac.

I'm realy impressed with the working of it!!  

The only question I have, is there a way to start or monitor a ReadyDR job from the SSH os prompt. Because my regular CIFS filesystem backups are started via a cron scheduled shell script on the NAS which also powers-on the backup NAS with a WoL signal and after the backup is finished powers-off the backup NAS

Thanks for your responce and providing such nice functionality.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements