× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Was working... now it is not: MacBookPro TimeMachine Backup to RN316

Weaverita
Apprentice

Was working... now it is not: MacBookPro TimeMachine Backup to RN316

This was working and quit...  possibly near the time of the firmware upgrade of 6.5.0.  My MacBook Pro is no longer able to find the TimeMachine on my RN316.  I have attempted to deselect the current the TimeMachine backup and re-initialize but I keep getting an error that the userID & password is invalid.

At this point I would be willing to completely delete the current TimeMachine back up image from the RN316 (WITHOUT REBUILDING ALL OF THE OTHER ACTIVE WORKING SHARES ON THE DEVICE) and starting a new TimeMachine back-up.  All help is appreciated.

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Was working... now it is not: MacBookPro TimeMachine Backup to RN316

Hello Weaverita,

What userID and password were you entering?

This article might help:

How do I back up data from Mac OS X to my ReadyNAS OS 6 system using Shared Time Machine?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Was working... now it is not: MacBookPro TimeMachine Backup to RN316

Hello Weaverita,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements