× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weird Problems

f0rgiven
Aspirant

Re: Weird Problems

Figured so but how do i identify where the OS volume is as i don't think i am even on the right volume?

Message 26 of 38
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I can take a look if you like. I've sent you a PM.

Message 27 of 38
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@f0rgiven wrote:

Figured so but how do i identify where the OS volume is as i don't think i am even on the right volume?

Whatever's not on the data volume or in some kind of tmpfs or ramfs or similar is in the root volume.

# cat /proc/mounts

gives a good indication.

You would ignore the directories /proc /sys and /dev and /run when looking for what's filling the root volume.

It takes some practice and familiarity to be able to quickly identify which is which.

It's much easier in tech support mode where when you mount the root volume everything within the mount point is data on the root volume as you haven't mounted other things within the root volume yet.

Message 28 of 38
f0rgiven
Aspirant

PM'ed you back

Message 29 of 38
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

O.K.

It seems that Syncrify is starting before the data volume is mounted. So when the data volume is mounted to /c you can't see that there's 3GB on the root volume anymore.

Message 30 of 38
f0rgiven
Aspirant

Is there some way to have the data mount before Syncrify loads? We have had Syncrify running for at leats 3 years. Then we lost 2 drives in the NAS and had to reinstall syncrify.

Message 31 of 38
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well another possibility is that you moved the Syncrify files whilst the data volume wasn't mounted to be beneath /c

If the data volume isn't mounted then moving files to be under /c will still leave them on the root volume and you won't see those files when the data volume is mounted in normal mode.

Just rebooted your system.

Message 32 of 38
f0rgiven
Aspirant

You know, i think thats exactly what happened..... I can't remember where i mounted the data volume but i bet is was on the OS volume then i moved the files. So is that something i need to redo or did you reverse it?

Message 33 of 38
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I moved the files over to the data volume.

Message 34 of 38
f0rgiven
Aspirant

So df /dev/md0 still shows:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
- 10240 588 9652 6% /dev

According to StephenB that should be something completely different. Where would you recommend i go from here? Reload the OS or fix the config?

Message 35 of 38
f0rgiven
Aspirant

Something is still wrong. I don't have any logs in frontview and when i click on download all logs, i get:

well, i was going to take a screen shot and post it but when i go back to frontview i get:

Capture2.PNG

and nothing in frontview shows! This is what it was doing when the OS volume was full. 

Message 36 of 38
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You don't do

# df /dev/md0

But rather e.g.

# df -h

# df -i

One of the mounts shown will be a mount of /dev/md0

Message 37 of 38
f0rgiven
Aspirant

I get it but was trying anything to see what I could get working. I really would like to be able to boot in tech support mode and copy the existing data to a Ian drive that is plugged into the usb port of the readynas. Do you happen to have any instructions for that? I have searched and found various ways to do this but after the raid is started and the volume mounted, I can not access the mounted data to mv it
Message 38 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements