× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where to report bugs?

tadgy
Star

Where to report bugs?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is an official bugtracker or bug reporting system available for us to submit bugs and security problems to Netgear?

I've found some issues with NFS, some security related, but the thread I started on the subject doesn't seem to have gathered any interest from, well, anyone.

So, i'd like to be able to report these issues directly to Netgear for investigation and resolution.

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Where to report bugs?

Hi tadgy,

Could you explain further the bug or the issue that you found on the device? Perhaps, give us the original thread that you posted and contact our support team for a support ticket.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
tadgy
Star

Hey,

The original issues were reported in this thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Systemic-NFS-problems/td-p/1004371

You say to report the issue to support - but how?  I've tried finding some sort of bug tracking/reporting site forr the ReadyNAS, and looked in this forum for info on how to contact support.

Perhaps it might be worth adding a sticky telling people where and how they should report issues?

In any case, I look forward to some sort of reply to my NFS thread.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Support can be contacted by opening a support case. You can see how on the Contact Us page at support.netgear.com

When you are reporting a suspected bug it is important to mention the NAS model e.g. RN314 and firmware version e.g. 6.4.0 on which you have seen the problem.

Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tadgy,

You can contact our support team through Chat, OTS and Phone to report the bug or problem that you found. Unfortunately, we do not have a tracking or reporting site aside from our support group.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements