× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why does my RN424 spin up at bootup then seemingly fans spin down, then up again andthen fully b

BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does my RN424 spin up at bootup then seemingly fans spin down, then up again andthen fully boot?

It seems like it is always somethingSmiley Happy

I just noticed this the last few times I have turned on my RN424.  The subject tries to explain it but it seems like the fans spin max for a while (normal) and then seemingly cutoff, it is quite, then they spin up again and it fully boots.

Is this normal??

Thanks,

BJB

Model: RN424| ReadyNAS 424 4-Bay with up to 40 TB total storage
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Why does my RN424 spin up at bootup then seemingly fans spin down, then up again andthen fully b

I believe this is normal. The boot loader starts the fans, the real OS has to start them again, and eventually the temps are read and the fan speed controls kick in.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

I believe this is normal. The boot loader starts the fans, the real OS has to start them again, and eventually the temps are read and the fan speed controls kick in.

Message 2 of 3
BJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whew, thanks!

BJB

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements