× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why is allocation less than capacity?

glimpse
Aspirant

Why is allocation less than capacity?

Seems I'm thwarted by this *(&^*#&^T%$ box every time I try to do something...

I've got a Pro 6 NAS that I bought with 6x1TB drives. I wanted to upgrade the capacity by installing 6x3TB drives. A call to tech support suggested the best way was to do a "factory reset", so of course, this is what I did/tried to do as follows:

1. From Frontview, I selected the "Factory Default" button. When the process started, I was prompted to make some inputs to configure the unit.

2. Before making the entries, and restarting, I removed and replaced all 6 1TB drives with WD Red 3 TB drives.

3. In Frontview, I selected the X-RAID2 option with tolerance for 2 disk failures, and hit the go button

4. The process began, but as I view the Frontview volume settings, it seems I will wind up with only a fraction of the available capacity because only 927 GB on each disk is "allocated" (see screenshot)

What is going on here?? Why am I not getting the entire 2,794 GB from each drive allocated?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
glimpse
Aspirant

I executed a second "factory reset" from Frontview, and the problem fixed itself; I see (almost) all of the 2,794 GB capacity in the allocation column. It's now syncing itself, and expects to be complete in a little over 12 hours.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
glimpse
Aspirant

I executed a second "factory reset" from Frontview, and the problem fixed itself; I see (almost) all of the 2,794 GB capacity in the allocation column. It's now syncing itself, and expects to be complete in a little over 12 hours.

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That is odd that it didn't work the first time. Glad it is now resolved.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements