× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why is the Admin Page such JUNK.. Netgear readyNAS serious WASTE OF MY TIME

ike12
Aspirant

Why is the Admin Page such JUNK.. Netgear readyNAS serious WASTE OF MY TIME

This is m second unit after struggling the same way with Unit number one i stupidly suffered through it and then bought another one, may just wrap this one back up and ship it right back.. every 30 tries it will load the admin page for about 5min before crashing or restarting itself.. IE 11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10  ALL OF THEM FAIL 

This NAS will NOT join the domain, tells me the time difference is too large, even though its EXACTLY the same and again the ADMIN PAGE IS PURE SHI*.. i am so all done with NEtgear.. Such junk for a business unit..  Oh and good luck getting netgear to actual tell you EXACTLY which Browser should load the admin page perfectly.. Seriously why would NETGEAR NOT BUILD SOFTWARE to manage the NAS device?? how hard can it really be?? WHY USE A GUI AT ALL VIA WEB

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Why is the Admin Page such JUNK.. Netgear readyNAS serious WASTE OF MY TIME

Which firmware are you running?

Is the NAS using the same time server as your server uses?

Message 2 of 6
ike12
Aspirant

6.6.1 *says latest*

Time server on both   server 2.north-america.pool.ntp.org  and i tried many..

about to call it quits this is already too much work for something so simple.

Message 3 of 6
ike12
Aspirant

Wont even stay connected to adminpage at all now, just lets me click any option and boom instanly says "connecting to readynas" over and over. forget it, this is pure junk reviews will be left everywhere. terrible product. Qnap already in my cart. goodbye

Message 4 of 6
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

If there exist a domain user "Admin", would fail to browse share after upgrade from 6.6.0 to 6.6.1,  you can delete the domain user "Admin" or upgrade to 6.7.0 (once that's available) to resolve this issue.

Message 5 of 6
xiao123
NETGEAR Expert

or if you set file permission at windows Active directory client ?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements