× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will 4.1.14 be the last and final firmware version for the older readynas systems?

miogpsrocks
Tutor

Will 4.1.14 be the last and final firmware version for the older readynas systems?

Will 4.1.14 be the last and final firmware version for the older readynas systems? I think the 4.1.14 firmware came out in 2014, today is 2016, a pretty long time not to have an update since the beginning of the readynas right? 

Is this the last firmware update for this era of ready system? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: Will 4.1.14 be the last and final firmware version for the older readynas systems?

The 4.1.x platforms (all of which use sparc processors) were replaced in 2011 by higher-performing arm platforms, so they have been long end-of-life.  Netgear stopped providing firmware updates for OS 4 and OS 5 platforms last November.  There was a 4.1.15 beta that they were supposed to release, but they never got to it (and I am not sure they will at this point). The beta included a couple of security patches but no new features.

The newer OS 6 platforms all deliver better performance and have more features than the 4.1.x systems (the RN212 or RN214 are good starting points if you are looking at a replacement).

That said, I have two of the 4.1.x systems still in service, though I did repurpose them as backup NAS some years ago.

Message 2 of 8
alokeprasad
Mentor

Re: Will 4.1.14 be the last and final firmware version for the older readynas systems?

The latest RAIDiator for Duo v 1 that can be downloaded from the web sites is 4.1.14 released October 13, 2014.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25786/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDc0ODIzNzQ2L3NpZC9Gbnlo...

However, if I check in Frontview (System-Update-Remote-Check for Update), I see 4.1.15 released on April 27, 2015.  No indication that this is a beta.

Any Release Notes available for this version?

Also, are ReadyDLNA for the Sparc Duo not available for download? It is listed on http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24546 but there is no version info or download link on that page.

Whats the latest version? Is it the one included in RAIDiator 4.1.15?

Aloke

Model: ReadyNASRND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 3 of 8
bedlam1
Prodigy

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30914

Try exploring the downloads link for your NAS Model, "downloads" link at top of this page 

Message 4 of 8
alokeprasad
Mentor

Thanks!!

I wish there was a better structure to the web site so that we wouln't have to bother you folks for simple stuff.

What about ReadyDLNA?  Whats the latest version (in 4.1.15 or standalone addin) for Duo ver 1?

Message 5 of 8
bedlam1
Prodigy

Sory I don't know, but I am sure someone will

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The version of ReadyDLNA in a firmware release can be found by looking at the GPL.

Message 7 of 8
alokeprasad
Mentor

How does one do that?  Is that doable only after installing the new firmware?

Is that the same version reported in the FrontView interface (in Services-Streaming services tab)?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements