× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Win10 Domain-joined PC cannot connect to home shares

Spanna
Aspirant

Win10 Domain-joined PC cannot connect to home shares

Hi

I have a Domain-joined laptop that was recently upgraded to Win 10 and now for the lif of me I can not connect to my home network's ReadyNAS shares.

I can ping the NAS. I can access it's admin via HTTP. I can connect to it via NON-domain Win10 computers without fault. I can run this command from a NON domain PC without fault...
net use m: \\192.168.1.9\c /User:Admin AdminPass

If I run it from the Domain PC, I get an error...

"System error 58 has occurred.

The specified server cannot perform the requested operation."

I have ensured that my network loaction is set to Private and File sharring is enabled.

I've consulted my IT department and they haven't come back to me yet and were a bit confused.

The Network adaptor seems to have all the correct services on.

Windows Defender is OFF and replaced by Symantec Endpoint. The logs don't appear to be blocking anything, even so I have temporarily disabled the firewall.

Another odd thing is that under "Network Loactions" in Windows Explorer I can see my NAS listed in this format...
This PC\NAS-01: ReadyNAS Duo v2. But accessing this does not show me the shares I want to see. I think this is a streaming protocol perhaps?

I want to connect via \\IP-ADDRESS or \\NETWORKNAME

What other potential GPO or Registry settings might be stopping me from connecting.

Thanks

Spanna

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Win10 Domain-joined PC cannot connect to home shares

@Spanna wrote:

Another odd thing is that under "Network Locations" in Windows Explorer I can see my NAS listed in this format...
This PC\NAS-01: ReadyNAS Duo v2. But accessing this does not show me the shares I want to see. I think this is a streaming protocol

Do you have ReadyDLNA enabled on the NAS?  Is the device classified as a "media device"?

@Spanna wrote:

Windows Defender is OFF and replaced by Symantec Endpoint. The logs don't appear to be blocking anything, even so I have temporarily disabled the firewall.

I've had this issue with Symantec Endpoint.  It didn't allow me to access Network Shares unless I was also connected to my company's VPN.  Unfortunately I don't know the settings for this because I don't have admin rights for the domain.

It could also be blocking access because your duo v2 only supports SMB version 1.0.  Did you check if the SMB 1.0 client is installed on the PC?

You could try enabling NFS on the duo v2, and installing Microsoft's NFS client on the PC.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements