× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 7 does not reconnect to shared drives on RN10200 on boot

Parnassus
Aspirant

Windows 7 does not reconnect to shared drives on RN10200 on boot

I have my Windows 7 machine to set to "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" but it still won't reconnect to the mapped drives on my ReadyNas 102 on boot, the drives have the red X on them and need to be manually clicked on to connect. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Windows 7 does not reconnect to shared drives on RN10200 on boot

There's nothing you can do on the NAS to solve this, its a windows timing thing.

The easiest answer is simply to live with it.

Alternatively, go into the windows group policy, and navigate to "Computer Configuration" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "System" -> "Group Policy" -> and set a "Startup policy processing wait time".  You'll need to find a value that works (and which is short enough not to annoy you more because of the slower startup).

Message 2 of 5
Parnassus
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll try that. I don't have a problem at all waiting longer on restart as that pretty much only happens after a blackout or something.

Message 3 of 5
Parnassus
Aspirant

The policy that you describe does not seem to exist, any advice? This is on Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Parnassus wrote:

The policy that you describe does not seem to exist, any advice? This is on Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1

It does exist on Win 7 enterprise (and likely professional).  Not sure if I have a Win 7 Home pc, I will need to check.

Do you have disk spindown enabled on the NAS?  That's the one thing I can think of that might be relevant on the NAS.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements