× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wrong timestamps after update to RAIDiator-x86 4.2.26

iCone
Aspirant

Wrong timestamps after update to RAIDiator-x86 4.2.26

After updating my ReadyNAS to 4.2.26 the backup files have the current time stamp instead of preserving the time stamp of the file being backed up. Before this update the backup files preserved the time stamps, that's why the updated software is my suspect.
Message 1 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

What are your backup job settings?
How did you discover the timestamp problem?
Message 2 of 5
iCone
Aspirant

My backup settings haven't changed since they were configured over a year ago. The job backs up compressed ms sql databases to an external USB drive attached to one of the NAS USB ports, prior to the upgrade to 4.2.26 it was working without any problems, since the update the time stamps on the USB drive are from the day the backup executed instead of preserving the file creation date.

If I putty the NAS and perform a CP from the NAS to the USB drive without the -p option it behaves in the same way, with the -p it preserves the time stamp as it did before the update.

How do I verify? Open a the folder location on any Windows device and compare the time stamp from the files on the NAS to the same files on the external drive, the files of the external drive have the time stamp on when the backup job executed instead of the time stamp of when the backup files where created.
Message 3 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

Did you try reinstalling 4.2.26.
Log a support request with netgear.
Message 4 of 5
iCone
Aspirant

Almost every time that the software is updated things start to happen, usually the system hangs but this time was the time stamping issue. Went ahead and removed the "problematic" backup job, re-applied the update, restarted the NAS and re-created the job; it is working as expected.

The curious thing is that the other backup jobs continued to perform as usual, only one was affected.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements