× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

anti virus locking up files identified as possible threats

mitchathame
Guide

anti virus locking up files identified as possible threats

Iam running a readynas 104 firmware version 6.4 with snapshots enabled and running the antivirus software.

Whilst doing a backup to another NAS the anti virus soft are identified to old files as having a virus. the backup completed copying all of the files except the two identified by the Antivirus software.

I have tried copying them in windows but get the followind screen

readynas1.png

I browsed it in the browse function of the admin page and tried to download it however it just goes to a blank browser page with the word LOCKED in the top left hand corner.

I have been using the files identified for  over ten years without an issue and using other virus checkers confirms no issues but i now cant use the files as i cant copy them.

How do i unlock the files.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mitchathame
Guide

Re: anti virus locking up files identified as possible threats

i used the exclude folder option which then allowed me to copy the offending files.

This does however feel like useing a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Wouldnt it be better to have an exclude file option preferably liked to the viris file found item in the log file.

All working well now so thanks for your help and speedy response.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Do you have antivirus plus installed?  http://apps.readynas.com/pages/?page_id=9

Message 2 of 6
mitchathame
Guide

No I don't just the default antiviral that comes with the ready nas I will install and see if it can solve the problem.
Message 3 of 6
mitchathame
Guide

have installed Antivirus Plus but dont see any options which would help me . Am i being thick?

Message 4 of 6
mitchathame
Guide

i used the exclude folder option which then allowed me to copy the offending files.

This does however feel like useing a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Wouldnt it be better to have an exclude file option preferably liked to the viris file found item in the log file.

All working well now so thanks for your help and speedy response.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I like your idea of putting a link into the log entry for the file, to allow the usual options (ignore, delete, etc).

Maybe put that into the idea exchange for storage?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements