× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

backup is no working properly in ReadyNAS 214 (Diskless) (RN21400)

Servocontrols
Follower

backup is no working properly in ReadyNAS 214 (Diskless) (RN21400)

I have scheduled backup from last 4 years and it was working properly but after that NAS hard disk was full. And we removed all data from NAS in external hard disk and delete all data from NAS. And again we reschedule the backup, but some time backup will complete and some time its failed.

If i start the backup manually also it will get failed.

Need support for this.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: backup is no working properly in ReadyNAS 214 (Diskless) (RN21400)

@Servocontrols wrote:

If i start the backup manually also it will get failed.

Did you reformat the external disk?

Have you tried plugging it into a PC, and see if Windows offers to "repair" it?

You might also try creating a new backup job with the external disk as the target.

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

This is a backup to a USB drive or another NAS/server? Does the log give you any reason it failed?  Is it not sending any files, or stops part way through? Is it failing only on a very large file?  What backup scheme are you using (Windows time stamp, rsync, etc.)?

If it is to a USB drive, I think @StephenB is thinking it may be hitting a "bad spot" on the external drive and re-formatting will solve it.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

If it is to a USB drive, I think @StephenB is thinking it may be hitting a "bad spot" on the external drive and re-formatting will solve it.

If a USB drive isn't properly ejected from the NAS, the system can detect a "dirty" status and mount the drive as read-only. Windows will offer to "repair" the drive when it detects this status.  Then it would be writable again on the NAS.

If @Servocontrols reformatted the USB drive, then the backup job would need to be created, as the NAS won't see the reformatted drive as the correct target.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements