× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

backup issue

yarramreddy
Aspirant

backup issue

Hi,

Currently i am using Ready NAS 104 with 5.44TB.

Few days back i have deleted on file of size 750 GB from storage. I have some more free space.

Total it is showing 940Gb free space. if i start copy files, it is showing that there is no free space, disk is full. Like this message coming.

How can i overcome this problem.

Kindly let us know. 

Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Re: backup issue

Try scheduling a balance.

Message 2 of 10
yarramreddy
Aspirant

error while taking back up.pngerror while taking back up.pngnas storage.pngIOC IN NAS SIZE.png

Message 3 of 10
yarramreddy
Aspirant

Dear Sir,

Please see the screen shots.....i am getting the same error even i reshedule...

kindly help me out

Message 4 of 10
StephenB
Guru

Did you do what I suggested?  That is, go into the NAS web ui, go to system->settings, and create a maintenance task to run a balance job?

Unfortunately you need to schedule it, there is no way to just start it.

Message 5 of 10
yarramreddy
Aspirant

Dear Sir,

I am new to this NAS storage. I tried as per your instruction but still am getting the error. Please see the error for your reference. Kindly provide solution to this. Thanks for your great support.............nas error.png

Message 6 of 10
yarramreddy
Aspirant

We have importent data of 4tb......if i do any changes, does they  affect existing data............

kindly help us......

Message 7 of 10
StephenB
Guru

I am thinking you should use netgear support for this (support.netgear.com).  If you purchased within the last 90 days that should be free.  If you purchased before that they will likely charge.

If you don't a backup, then you should also make one.

Message 8 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@StephenB wrote:
Unfortunately you need to schedule it, there is no way to just start it.

Since 6.2.3 volume balances have been able to be run manually via the UI, and since 6.2.0 you've been able to schedule them.

@yarramreddy wrote:

We have importent data of 4tb......if i do any changes, does they  affect existing data............

kindly help us......

You should backup your data as StephenB suggested. If a balance isn't working on the firmware you are currently running if you don't use ReadyCLOUD you could update to 6.4.0 beta and try running a balance again.

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

Since 6.2.3 volume balances have been able to be run manually via the UI, and since 6.2.0 you've been able to schedule them.

Sure enough, somehow I missed that.  Click on the volume on system->volumes, and then choose settings.  Balance is there.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements