× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

backup to external disk

slaver1290
Aspirant

backup to external disk

Hi all. How can I back up all partitions to an external hard disk? I have two RAID-1s configured. can there be some kind of program? The standard way to back up only one RAID-1

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: backup to external disk

@slaver1290 wrote:

they will run on a schedule. for example, every day at 7 o'clock, and if they are both configured for this time, then the second job will not start until the first one is completed?

Correct.  They run sequentially.

@slaver1290 wrote:

have I seen there are apps, there is some app for my purposes?

I don't know of any OS-6 apps that back up to external drives - just the built in backup jobs.   

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You might be confusing partitions and volumes.

You can back up multiple volumes to the same USB hard drive, but you need to use more than one backup job to do it.

Message 2 of 7
slaver1290
Aspirant

@StephenBwrote:

You might be confusing partitions and volumes.

You can back up multiple volumes to the same USB hard drive, but you need to use more than one backup job to do it.

thanks for the answer. two backup tasks simultaneously will heavily burden the system. if you perform the first task first and then the second, it is unclear when the first one will end. can there be any program for this?

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

They shouldn't run simultaneously, the backup manager will queue them. 

If you are running them manually, you can just wait for the first one to start, and then start the second one.  If they are scheduled, you can adjust the scheduled start time for the second job by a couple of minutes.

Message 4 of 7
slaver1290
Aspirant

@StephenBwrote:

They shouldn't run simultaneously, the backup manager will queue them. 

If you are running them manually, you can just wait for the first one to start, and then start the second one.  If they are scheduled, you can adjust the scheduled start time for the second job by a couple of minutes.

they will run on a schedule. for example, every day at 7 o'clock, and if they are both configured for this time, then the second job will not start until the first one is completed?

Message 5 of 7
slaver1290
Aspirant

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@slaver1290 wrote:

Correct.  They run sequentially.

@slaver1290 wrote:

I don't know of any OS-6 apps that back up to external drives - just the built in backup jobs.   

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements