× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: backups from pc failing after upgrade

StephenB
Guru

@atb48 wrote:

Please, what can I do to reinstate the essential backups?

The hot-fix won't change the reported firmware version.

Perhaps try one of the backups again.

Message 26 of 35
rodcrit
Luminary

Thank you  ...   my backups are now working.

Message 27 of 35
atb48
Guide

Thanks for the comments.  I had assumed from the information in the thread that either the system log or system status would show the "b4" hot-fix suffix - can it be checked anywhere?

Anyway, I've now suceeded manually to complete 5 backups and so I feel somewhat relieved!  There are many discussion threads on this issue so I have provided a link in one that had been marked as "SOLVED" yet had also suggested downgrading the firmware as a temporary fix.

Thanks

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 28 of 35
Kimera
Guide

@atb48 wrote:

Thanks for the comments.  I had assumed from the information in the thread that either the system log or system status would show the "b4" hot-fix suffix - can it be checked anywhere?

Anyway, I've now suceeded manually to complete 5 backups and so I feel somewhat relieved!  There are many discussion threads on this issue so I have provided a link in one that had been marked as "SOLVED" yet had also suggested downgrading the firmware as a temporary fix.

Thanks

Downgrading wasn't - really - a correct way of fixing thing (it's an extreme form of workaround...but it can have bad consequences too)...this night (CEST) Netgear released Hot-Fixes update 6.9.0-3 and 6.9.0-4 and all NASes picked them up after a (forced) reboot if done in the same time window (or after).

ReadyNAS logs those updates but it doesn't show them on the ReadyNAS Web GUI as it does in case of ReadyNAS OS releases (6.81, 6.9.0 and so on...) so you should read some posts above to learn where specific apt logs can be found and examined (and also a particular command to check the actual status of ReadyNAS OS WRT) to check what the NAS unit did under the hood.

Message 29 of 35
StephenB
Guru

@Kimera means this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/backups-from-pc-failing-after-upgrade/m-p/14108...

I posted a suggestion in the idea exchange to show the patch level on the system->overview page.  It should also be shown in RAIDar.

That suggestion is here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Hot-Fix-patch-level-should-be-shown-on-s...

Message 30 of 35
Kimera
Guide

Exactly, I meant that thread.

I gave a Kudo to your idea. Brilliant.

Message 31 of 35
RaZorMix
Aspirant

I just checked my ReadyNAS 516 and it is running 6.9.0+4 but Veeam Endpoint still fails with error:

"Incorrect function. Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}."

I even deleted the database and re-created the backup job.

Also have a username and password set in the backup job.

Not sure what else I can do but it's clear this was from the firmware update and the hot fix hasn't worked for me.

Message 32 of 35
Ltrein
Aspirant

Hello,

I have the same problem with Veeam Endpoint.

"Incorrect function. Agent failed to process method {ReFs.SetFileIntegrity}."

Also I reset the backup job and the Veeam database. But no positiv result.

The reason is the new firmware. My NAS runs also with 6.9.0+4.

I think the firmeware has a bug?!

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 33 of 35
Kimera
Guide

@Ltrein: I suggest you to read this whole thread (at some point of the thread, there is the Netgear's explanation WRT the interaction between new ReadyNAS OS 6.9.0 software version and Veeam which causes the issue you're experiencing).

Message 34 of 35
ahdvd
Aspirant

I've seen several of these posts suggesting that 6.9.0 is not working properly for the backup function as well as my own post about ReadyDLNA now no longer working, I wish they would fully test these or at least include a roll-back option with these allowing us to go back to the previous version if faults like this are found.

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements