× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

browser admin access not working

Tonyp123
Aspirant

browser admin access not working

I have struggled from the get go (about 8 months) to try to understand the way an NAS device works. Today is a new chapter in my ReadyNAS Saga.

I have 2x4 TB RED drives setup without RAID support..Windows 7 1giglan ..Everything has been fine until this morning.
I installed the app Photo II, It didn't like it so I uninstalled it. Emailed log reports =
Application 'ReadyNAS Photos II' is uninstalled successfully.

I then shutdown and restarted the NAS from the the front panel.
It restarted all was good. I can still access all my files via Windows Explorer

Problem is that when I try to access NAS control from web browser (Chrome or EI) I get a pause then the "This webpage is not available"

Istat is working fine over a tablet I suspect http / https is not on..not really sure.

Thanks for the help,
newbie in Fl
Message 1 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: browser admin access not working

I assume you are on 6.2.2 FW, check these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79230&p=446538&hilit=apache2#p446538

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79582

apparently, you will have to TelNet/SSH into the NAS to fix this, if you are not familiar with SSH/TelNet it is best to contact support and have the engineers look it up for you.
Message 2 of 4
Tonyp123
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice Nhellie.

What I did was removed my drives, installed a spare drive by itself. I booted the NAS in "Default". After it reset, I placed the Beta driver onto a Flash drive and updated FW..
Setup the NAS as previously.
Shutdown then swapped in the original drives and reboot . Data was back and GUI was working properly.

Not to impressed with this NAS.

Thanks
Message 3 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

nice, good thing you fixed it with USB boot. It's the FW that is having a little problem, NAS should perform better once the FW is finalized.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements