× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't find Ready Nas

dk14962
Aspirant

can't find Ready Nas

I am having difficulty accessing my ReadyNas 314 from my work laptop on my home network.  When i log onto my laptop theReadyNas is not being found.  I am having to constantly go into the credential manager,and remove my credentials and remap my network drive.  Any suggestions would be a big help.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: can't find Ready Nas

A long shot here - does your company use the symantec endpoint protection software on the laptop?

Message 2 of 5
dk14962
Aspirant

they are using McAfee Endpoint Security

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dk14962,

It means the work laptop has strict security. You might want to ask your IT to set it up for you, take note of the ReadyNAS' LAN IP address and ask your IT to allow your laptop to access it.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@dk14962 wrote:

they are using McAfee Endpoint Security

My company uses SEP, on my work laptop and it actively blocks my ability to access a network share if I am not connected to the corporate VPN.  That's an intentional policy setting, but McAfee could have some default policies that block access.

So maybe try disabling the security software temporarily, to ensure that there is no security policy setting that is interfering.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements