× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

changing block size

infraattip
Follower

changing block size

Greetings,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a Readynas Pro 4 that I am using as a Veeam backup repository with a Vsphere 5 environment. The repository is setup as Windows share on a server 2012 VM. When I try to back up my Domain Controller Vm the job fails. The error I get refers to the block size as too small, the VM I am trying to backup is 2TBs, my data store is 7.6 TBs. Veeam points me to a VM ware knowledge base article that explains how to configure and change VMFS volumes using the Vsphere console, this doesn’t help me because my data store is a Windows share. I need to know how to re-configure the ReadyNAS and give it a larger block size. When I created the iSSCi LUN I don’t remember any options to change block sizes. I understand that I will need to re-create the data store, which is fine because we just purchased the software. Can someone help, or at least point me to the correct information? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: changing block size

What version of RAIDiator are you running?
Message 2 of 4
gavind
Aspirant

Hi infraattip, any luck on finding a work around here so far?
Message 3 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

gavind
If you have a question, please create a topic about it.
It is almost certainly futile posting on threads that are as old as some of those you have recently posted on.
You have already been advised, by another moderator, against posting on very old threads.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements