× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: choose flex-raid modus but still redundant

justinnl
Aspirant

choose flex-raid modus but still redundant

Hello,

I'm busy installing / configuring my first NAS (ReadyNas Ultra 2).
Inside it has 2x 500GB HDD.
I went for the FLEX-raid option to make sure I have 1TB of storage available. For some reason when I go to volume it says there is only a C drive, configuration: Raid-level 1, 2 disks. Status: redundant.

How is this possible? I deliberately didnt go for the xraid2 option.
I also wonder where I can find the PHP add-on which is needed for a few other add-ons.

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

By default using Flex-RAID a RAID-1 volume will be created, but you can delete that and create the RAID-0 (non-redundant) volumes you want. Note that you have to wait for a volume to finish being created before you can create another.

Take a look at Configuring Your ReadyNAS for Flex-RAID

As for the PHP add-on take a look at the Community Add-ons forum: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 5
justinnl
Aspirant

great, thanks for your really quick respons! Got it all done now.
another short question if I may: I have three add-ons in the list "available" (excuse me if I use the wrong word, but I translate it from dutch).
I cannot install them, this is the error message I get: installation of the add-on is not allowed due to a name conflict.
any heads-up on what to do?

thanks!
Message 3 of 5
ppvp
Aspirant

@justinnl

Same problem here. Maybe it's beacause we're both Dutch? 😄

Funny thing is that I also changed from a setup of two disk in Raid 0 to a setup of two seperate volumes (no raid). Before this change I was able to install addons, but now a get the same error, saying: "Installation of the add-on is not allowed due to a name conflict".

ReadyNasRemote (v.1.0.9.60) is installed via manual installation! (somehow this worked fine, so maybe this is causing the problem). The (previous) version of ReadyNasRemote presented by Netgear itself doesn't work on my ReadyNas Ultra 4. Somewhere on this forum the tip was given to manually install the latested version of the Remote-addon. Don't know if any of this has something tot do with the problem, but it's worth the mention, I think.

Hope someone can help. I will try solving it myself but any help is welcome.
Message 4 of 5
ppvp
Aspirant

Ok, got a solution, maybe not the right one, but this works:

problem (I think) is that in the background a service is being started or canceled, but that process hangs.

I disabled and then removed my addons. Then I gave my NAS a hard reboot (just reinstalling the firmware didn't do the trick). After that the first thing I did was installing the addons I want before making any other changes. It's probably not a good idea putting back a configuration backup. I did that (thought I was smart) but I got the same problem again. Just make the necessary changes and you ought to be good. Hope your problem is already solved or can be solved with these instructions.

Houdoe! :wink:
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements