× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

difficulty accessing readynas with raidar

77seriesiii
Aspirant

difficulty accessing readynas with raidar

Greetings,

I have two Readynas solutions, a pro 6 and an ultra 6, both systems are on the same subnet as the user machines. Systems accessing the files include windows 7 and Mac OSX 10.6.8. The Ultra has 4.2.18 installed and the pro has .17. I am using firefox 5.0.1 to access the Frontview from the Macs. The switch being used is a Cisco SG 200-08, a managed Gig-E switch w/ port aggregation capabilities. I had aggregated the Pro and the Mac Pro nics but once the problems stated went back to single nics to isolate the problems. All systems are on the same Class C network.

My problem. I just stood up the Pro and there seems to be some kind of confusion on the network. I see the shares (sharing NFS, AFP and CIF - no music or streaming). I changed the names of the shares so at least I do not have two 'media' shares on the network. I see the shares and when I try to access them the access hangs or causes the OS systems to crash. I cannot access the systems from raidar, the browser asks for my username/psswd and then just spins. Firefox simply states that it is waiting on the ULTRA to respond. I have since turned off the PRO, thinking there was a conflict. I did an OS re-install on the ULTRA and that temporarily fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Erick
Message 1 of 3
77seriesiii
Aspirant

Re: difficulty accessing readynas with raidar

ok tried other browsers and tried going directly to the device http://myIP/admin and no dice. odd as I can get to it from my OSX laptop, has the same OSX version.

./e
Message 2 of 3
77seriesiii
Aspirant

Re: difficulty accessing readynas with raidar

I think I may have found the issue and it deals with the ReadyNAS's ability to deal w/ jumbo frames or potentially the inability. Using the same gear as mentioned above, I changed the interface on the Mac Pro to an MTU of 1518 and BAM right into the web interface. Now the reason why I could access via the laptop makes sense as I was coming across via 802.11. Going to test it around a bit to see if I should set the MTU to a lower amount versus the 9000 listed in ReadyNAS GUI, set it on the MAC. I figure I leave the switch alone, allow it to process up to 9000 but throttle the Mac to a lower amount...see what happens.

I checked the switch 1gig w/ an MTU of 9000, flow control enabled. maybe its a flow control issue? one step at a time.

./e
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements