× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

empty Readynas trash from Linux Mint/Ubuntu machine

sdfgh
Follower

empty Readynas trash from Linux Mint/Ubuntu machine

Hi there,

I am running a Linux Mint 18.1 system and have mounted the ReadyNAS 102 to that system using the file  /etc/fstab:

192.168.178.20:/data/docs /home/[username]/NAS/docs nfs _netdev,auto 0 0

I've done the same for the other subfolders in the /data folder. So they show up in my home directory's subfolder /NAS.

I've deleted a number of those files using Linux and they show up in my trash can. When I try to empty the trash they are not deleted: permission is refused. The owners of the files are 'root' and a user called "99 user 99".

Using the LInux terminal I have gone to the mounted folders on the ReadyNAS and opened the  .Trash-1000 To get rid of the trash I then tried to delete the /files subfolder:

sudo rm -r /files

This worked on the ~/NAS/video/.Trash-1000/folder the files owned by '99 user 99' disappeared. I made a new /files folder (sudo mkdir /files) and everything was ok.

Then I tried to do the same with the files folder for docs: ~/NAS/docs/.Trash-1000/folder This folder could not be removed. The difference I see is that the files are owned by 'root' and not by '99 user 99' Apparently I have no root access.

Is there a way to log in as 'root' and empty the trash? Or is there another way to get rid of the trash?

When I try to use the command 'su admin' I get the response "No passwd entry for user 'admin' "

Thanx,

Thom

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements