× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

flashing power and act 3 time

hoptop
Aspirant

flashing power and act 3 time

after a power lost now when trying to start the nas up all i get is the dics 1 light flash 3 time slow then all the light flash 3 time fast power act and 1&2  and  do not show in raiddar

Model: RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 1TB (1 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
hoptop
Aspirant

Re: flashing power and act 3 time

i think it sorted now toke out the battery on bord hold down the reset button for 30 sec put it back in now back up and running   

but thanks for the help

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@hoptop wrote:

after a power lost now when trying to start the nas up all i get is the dics 1 light flash 3 time slow then all the light flash 3 time fast power act and 1&2  and  do not show in raiddar

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration

As shown above, you have a corrupted OS partition on the disks.  RAIDar will normally detect the NAS and also tell you this - not sure why it's not doing that.

Does your NAS say ReadyNAS Duo on the front panel, or does it say ReadyNAS Duo v2?  Many Duo owners mistakenly think they have a v2 (thx to poor labeling on Netgear's part).

Do you have a backup of the NAS?

Message 2 of 8
hoptop
Aspirant

it does only say readynas  duo not do not have a backup  Smiley Sad 

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@hoptop wrote:

it does only say readynas  duo not do not have a backup  Smiley Sad 

Ok.

I'd start by connecting Disk 1 to a Windows PC (either with SATA or a USB adapter/dock) and then see if R-linux for Windows can find the files. https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/  If it does, then try offloading the data.  I suggest labeling the disks as you remove them, so you don't lose track of their slots.

While the disk is out,  then try booting with disk 2 in slot 2 (leaving slot 1 empty), and see if that gives the same error code.  

Message 4 of 8
hoptop
Aspirant

try taking one disk out still the same then try taking all the disk out and put a new one in and still the same and the reset buton do not do anythink 

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@hoptop wrote:

taking all the disk out and put a new one in and still the same and the reset buton do not do anything 

If the new disk was blank, the NAS would do a factory install.  There is a 10 minute lag before that starts, so if you didn't wait long enough you wouldn't see any disk activity.  If the disk was formatted, the NAS might also have detected it was not bootable - and then it would have given you a corrupt root error. 

Either way, the next step is to try R-linux for Windows, and see if it can find the files on the disks so you can copy them off.

Message 6 of 8
hoptop
Aspirant

i think it sorted now toke out the battery on bord hold down the reset button for 30 sec put it back in now back up and running   

but thanks for the help

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Good that it's up - but I suggest making a backup. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation