× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPhone remote app FTP connection

akmike
Follower

iPhone remote app FTP connection

I just configured the new app on my iPhone. I get the error: "Could not establish FTP connection to ReadyNAS" when connecting. I have enabled FTP on my shares to default read/write access, started FTP service, FTP credentials are set on anonymous in the app and also set to the same in Frontview, & upgraded remote to the current version. What am I missing?
Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
g_habets_home_n
Aspirant

You need to install the latest update of the ReadyNAS remote on your NAS. The older versions will NOT connect through FTP.
Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As is stated at http://www.readynas.com/remote_iphone you need ReadyNAS Remote v1.0.9.31 or later installed. RAIDiator 4.1.7 includes ReadyNAS Remote v1.0.9.30

The latest version of ReadyNAS Remote is found here: https://remote.readynas.com/download.html

As you have the Duo you need the Sparc (not x86) version. Installation is via System > Update > Local in Frontview.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 3 of 6
lawsonrob
Aspirant

Well, I have tried all of the above, upgraded the software on the NAS itself, checked all of the details in the instructions three times over, restarted the NAS and the phone several times and it still comes up with "ERROR: Could not establish remote connection to ReadyNAS". Can anyone suggest anything else I might try?

Many thanks
Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you access the NAS using FTP when on your LAN (not using ReadyNAS Remote)?

Can you access the NAS using the ReadyNAS Remote client for your PC/Mac?

Welcome to the forum!
Message 5 of 6
TakisP
Aspirant

hallo there; I have the same problem; I try everything on above but the massage is the same; I have great access to my NAS from my mac or my windows OS. Can somebody help? thanks;
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements