× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iSCSI LUN Block Size

Xatosch
Apprentice

iSCSI LUN Block Size

Hello...

I have asked this question already in the german part of this community, but got no answer...

On the ReadyDATA it is possible to adjust the block size, so host and client can use the same block size:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24200

But which is the used block size on OS 6? It is not possible to adjust this value...

(Sorry for my poor englisch)

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We currently use 512b for the block size. Currently there is no option to change this in the UI, but it would make an excellent feature request.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We currently use 512b for the block size. Currently there is no option to change this in the UI, but it would make an excellent feature request.

Message 2 of 5
Xatosch
Apprentice

Thank you for your answer. Good to know this, so I can adjust my NTFS to use the correct size Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can make feature requests in Idea Exchnage for ReadyNAS Network Storage

Message 4 of 5
Xatosch
Apprentice

Yes, I could. But when I look at this group there are so many really good ideas, that are not implementet. I think this is a feature for the much more expensive ReadyDATA, and I'm pleased to know the used size...

I had made a test with my Steam-Library-Drive and the performance is recognizable faster, thats good!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements