× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iTunes 10.5 fix posted and now removed...

B52hbuff
Aspirant

iTunes 10.5 fix posted and now removed...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=58261
The original thread is locked. I'm curious to know what it means:
*** Please hold off on installing this add-on -- it looks like we'll need to release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. ***

Also curious to know if there is a thread we can subscribe to in order to get notification when fix is available. Can you comment on whether this is a real fix or a temporary workaround?

Thanks for your hard work...
Message 1 of 17
slapshot01j
Aspirant

**edit: Still problematic. Hopefully they'll post the fixed version again soon. My bad.
Message 2 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I just downloaded these and had problems when I went to install the Sparc version so I'd wait a while longer.
Message 3 of 17
hando
Aspirant

Doesn't seem to fix it for me... Still just says "Loading <Server Name>" in itunes...
Logs say that mt-daapd (firefly) is running version svn-1676. Still no itunes server 😧
Message 4 of 17
hando
Aspirant

Can anyone confirm if the itunes server update works? I just can't get it to work for the life of me...
Message 5 of 17
emmak
Aspirant

And I read this thread after I installed it - broken for me too..
Message 6 of 17
thetalm
Aspirant

Fix has become available again...I downloaded and installed it but the problem is not solved.
iTunes 10.5 remains pending on "loading..." exactly as before the patch
Message 7 of 17
dsm1212
Apprentice

Same here. Still doesn't work. Wierd that it would have been posted again with zero effect.
Message 8 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Looks like there was a problem updating the x86 package. A working version should now be up there with a version number of 1.0.3.
Message 9 of 17
RubberDuck
Aspirant

Has anyone successfully installed this on a sparc unit?
I installed the 1st retracted package - obviously with no success.
I then installed the second "fixed" package, which was not much better.
It served up an empty music library and there was no admin web interface - served up a 404.

I would like confirmation that this has been tested on a sparc unit (mine's a duo) before I attempt another install.
Message 10 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

New 1.0.3 update works fine for me on both sparc and x86!

If you installed an older version of the update and the new update doesn't work for you (e.g. you can't access Firefly web admin page) install the latest firmware over the top of itself (or try a firmware re-install) then install the add-on update again. This worked for me on my NV+ (a Sparc ReadyNAS)

Edit: I did add a /etc/mt-daapd.conf file on my Sparc NAS before installing the latest version of the update but I would think that would be automatically recreated if it's found to be not present when doing the OS/firmware re-install.
Message 11 of 17
hando
Aspirant

Confirmed working with 1.0.3 update on ReadyNas Ultra 4, itunes 10.5. Thanks devs.
Message 12 of 17
emmak
Aspirant

And working again! Thanks mdgm for the helpful advice on reinstalling the firmware...And Thanks devs
Message 13 of 17
nohare
Aspirant

This works for me!! 😄

Since upgrading to iTunes 10.5 like everyone else my firefly server was incompatible. I removed the FireFly Add-on altogether and waited for a fix. When it came out I installed it and tweaked the mt-daapd.conf file to point at my correct media folders and all seems to work well (fingers crossed it stays that way!!)

Thanks to all those who helped with fixing this..... :wink:

I'm running 4.1.8 on a ReadyNAS DUO.
Message 14 of 17
nohare
Aspirant

Actually I've just realised that I'm running the iTunesServer_1.0.2.bin update...not sure what 1.0.3 will do if I install it...... :?
Message 15 of 17
peterdgreenway
Aspirant

Working On Pro not On NV+

All

I have got the new addon working fine on my ReadyNAS Pro but it will not work on my NV+ - any ideas ?

/var/log/mt-daapd.log has a stream of the following error lines when I try to connect using iTunes

[datetimestamp] Error (00008003): Error writing to client socket: Broken Pipe
Message 16 of 17
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

That's a low-level network connection error. Are all your other services working okay between those two clients?
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements